(Good-bye Forklift! It's been real.)
While the guys were finishing up the rafters, Rachel was staining every single piece of Tongue & Groove pine to go over the rafters. This will be our ceiling. We went with Golden Pecan.
Then, it was on to the bird blocks, which fit in between the rafters. Stewart, Taylor, & Adam took care of that.
Once the bird blocks were in place, Stew & Taylor got geared up to start putting up the tongue & groove (T&G). Taylor is a great climber, so he got all of the webbing set up and hooked in at the Ridge Pole. This is a very important step because we have a 10/12 roof (that's a pretty steep pitch).
(Photo-shoot with the "Man-scouts")
(It may not look that steep, but with a 10/12 pitch, you slide right off that thing without being hooked in)
Day 3 we finished the T&G for the first side!! Yeah! We figured out too that you can hide the seams of the boards on the rafters, which looks better and actually makes the roof stronger too. One more reason we are glad we are doing the garage first...