We are so blessed and thankful for what an awesome time we have been having building our garage over the past month. It has been so much fun, even in the dead of summer, when the heat is ridiculous, it has been awesome. This past week was really low humidity, along with a nice breeze, so we took advantage of that.
We started the week by cutting all of the overdangles. Stewart cut them around 2 1/2 feet or so. Then he finished cutting out the side door and the garage doors.
We then got to work staining all of the rafters. We went with Sedona Red, which we think will go nicely with the red flecks that are naturally occuring in the logs. Once we put the clear polyurethane coat on the logs, it will bring the red out and will tie together nicely with the rafters. (At least we hope so!!)
Once the rafters were stained, we began setting them up on the wall with our toy (Forklift). I'm really sad we have to get rid of that thing this week, it has been so much fun, and has sure made everything thus far alot easier!
(Josh & Stewart pulling rafters over cap log)
Once all the rafters were up there, Stewart got up on the Ridge Pole and moved them all into place.
Short and sweet. I'm putting several pictures up of the rafters from different angles. It's really starting to feel like something in there.